Monday 5 February 2018

Rusty Dimensions

Hi there, everyone!
Let's have a wonderfully inspiring Monday with Marta's latest creations! Today she's presenting these gorgeous ATCs she created with the help of my brand new Art Extravagance Camouflage Pastes and these little pieces are real gems!
Isn't it just the best start to the new art filled week?! :)

*   *   *   *
Hello friends!
I just couldn't wait to play with the newest Finnabair mixed media products - these are my favorite toys! :)

I started my weekend fun from the Camouflage set - it contains 3 thick pastes with matte, rust-like finish. They created beautiful texture and dimension on my new Artist Trading Cards.
First of all, I covered two pieces of cardstock with washi tape and a few pieces of fabric plaster.
Then I covered the surface with a thin layer of White Gesso, just to cover the middle of my cards.
I used a hot glue gun to add some Mechanicals elements and Melange Art Pebbles. I covered them with gesso, too.
I dried them with a heating gun and after everything dried, I applied the pastes from the Camouflage set.
First, I dabbed on two pastes: Dark Olive and Brown. Then, just to highlight the surface, I added a little bit of Dusty paste.
My cards are covered with pastes just around the main elements, the edges were left nearly untouched. I did it on purpose as I wanted to cover them with Art Alchemy Waxes later on.
I used Metallique Waxes in Rich Copper and Vintage Gold. In the end, I took a brush and applied some Antique Brilliance Lucky Emerald Wax, just to add some shadows around my elements.
I also added some accents with a white pigment ink pen.
These brand new Art Extravagance Pastes are really inspiring! I love to watch how they change during the application.
How from the fresh and wet paste they turn into a kind of old, rusty and weathered layer, how they mix and change their colors and texture...
It's a kind of magic, don't you think? :)
Now you have lovely 3 brand new sets of Pastes to create with! You can play and experiment with them just the way you like!

And now please enjoy this video I made to show you the wonderful Camouflage effects.







The Camouflage set is a great and easy way to diversify the surface, to add lovely texture and some interesting, eye-catching elements.

I'm sure it will be one of my favorite mixed media toys, just like Patina and Rust Effect pastes.

We'd love to hear from you howw you find the new products and see the wonderful creations of yours!
Don't hesitate to drop by our Finnabair & Friends Open Studio facebook group - I hope to see you and your art there!

Happy creating!
xx
Marta



Products used:

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Love all the texture and layers!

Kotha jhansy said...

loved all the products

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...